Frequently Asked Questions
1. What time will Riders depart Rydges Newcastle?
Rydges Newcastle will be hosting a light breakfast for riders to enjoy before departing from Newcastle on the journey to Hunter Valley, with breakfast to start from 6.30am. A compulsory briefing will be held for all riders 7.30am sharp with riders departing soon after. Riders will be marshalled in small packs of riders (up to 50 riders in each pack) with support from a lead and rear support vehicle. Riders are scheduled to arrive at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley from noon.
2. Is transported provided for the return journey to Newcastle?
Support vehicles will be traveling with riders from Rydges Newcastle to Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley and will be available should any rider feel they need to withdraw from the ride or require assistance due to breakdowns. We encourage riders to invite friends and family to join us post ride at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley so as you have returned transport available. Transfer back to Rydges Newcastle available at 2pm for $20pp, please book when registering for ride.
3. Can friends and family join in for the post ride celebrations?
Partners/ family can join for in for lunch at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley for $25 (with $10 being donated to Westpac Rescue Helictoper Service) includes a hot BBQ lunch buffet. Please pay on the day.
4. What is the route for the ride?
Download pdf of C2C cycle classic route map 2017
2018 route to come
5. What happens if I need assistance during the ride?
Support vehicles will always be available to all riders, with our ‘social riders’ leaving behind the ‘advanced riders’ so as not to feel rushed. Should any rider not feel comfortable continuing the ride, a support vehicle will pick up both the rider and their bike and transport them to the finish line.
6. Can anyone register for Harbour2Vine?
The more the merrier! Please invite all your friends and family to join us! Together we can support Westpac Helicopter!
7. Will there be breaks along the way?
Included in the registration fee is the following: light breakfast, first on route break at Hexham with refreshing drinks and snacks, second on route break at Peace Park with refreshing drinks and snacks and a enjoyable BBQ lunch at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley post ride.
8. Can donations be made on the day?
Of course! We will have donation buckets available at the start, break stops and finish line and encourage all to drop a few coins in the bucket to support Westpac Helicopter. Every dollar counts. A raffle will be also available on the day with all money donated to Westpac Helicopter.
9. How can I help fundraise extra $$ for Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service?
Upon completing your registration through RegisterNow you will be presented with a link to create a fundraising page through Every Day Hero. From here you can share the link with your friends and help raise more funds. Or why not get your friends to sponsor the kilometers you do and they donate a $1 for every KM you do.
10. Kids’ Ride
More information to come
For those riders who need a longer workout and wont be staying at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley for the lunch, we have a lunch option if you are returning by bike to Newcastle. Please let our team know when you register and we will provide a same day use voucher for a burger and a beer or house wine or soft drink at Rydges Newcastle restaurant.
1. Must be used on Sunday 14th October 2018
2. Lunch at finish line (Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley) is not included
3. Voucher will be provided upon registration check in on the day. Must provide voucher to claim lunch at Rydges Newcastle Restaurant.
4. Return ride is to be taken at your own risk & safety, please ensure all road rules are met.